First United Methodist Church of Tupelo, Mississippi, organized in 1876, has been and is one of the outstanding congregations of United Methodism in Mississippi. This congregation has been a faithful witness to Christ, a citadel of strength, an example of generosity, a mentor of children and youth, a place of refuge for the elderly, and a source of hope for the future.
The membership of 1700 represents all walks of life. The staff is composed of 19 clergy and lay persons. The Weekday Children's Ministry has an enrollment of 108, and a staff of 18.
The leaders of the congregation are presently in a period of prayer and discernment as to where and how God can use this congregation for this new day in which we live.