- Guidelines follow the directives of the MS Department of Health, the CDC, and the Mississippi Conference of the UMC.
- Choirs will resume after Labor Day if the church has entered Phase 2. Health and safety requirements for church activities as established for small groups gathering will be followed. Therefore, if the church goes back to Phase 1, choir will be discontinued.
- Choirs will be cancelled if TPSD cancels for any reason – weather, snow, Covid-19, or scheduled holidays.
- If a child or family member is quarantined, we ask that they not attend choir.
- If an individual school is closed, choir will continue. If all schools are closed, choir will be discontinued.
- No church vehicles will be used for carpools.
- The playground and gym will not be used.
- Children will be greeted by a choir leader in their vehicle and escorted to the check-in stations after they have been
screened for temperature. Temperature must be less than 100 degrees F.
- Parents/drivers should not get out of their vehicle.
- Health results and attendance will be recorded.
- Upon entering the building, the children will wash their hands with soap and water.
- Children will use designated restrooms.
- Refreshments will be pre-packaged snacks and bottled water. Children will be seated and properly distanced while
- Adults and children will wear a facial covering, unless a medical condition is present. They will obviously be able to be
removed while eating their snack.
- Physical distancing will be practiced for all activities.
- The Gathering Room, Wesley Hall, old Fellowship Hall, Rooms 313 and 315, Room 307, Chapel and the Sanctuary
may be used to facilitate social distancing.
- Singing will not be allowed. Children can hum, move, ring, sign, etc.
- Children will be divided into small groups. Because children will be coming from different schools, we will try to keep
children from the same school in a group if possible.
- Hand sanitizer will be available and encouraged to be used in each activity space.
- Children will move from one activity to another with leadership from their adult guide.
- Children will learn to ring choir chimes or handbells following a curriculum that teaches basic musical skills.
- Children will wear gloves to ring, pre-placed and laundered each week..
- Children will have their own sets of crayons to use each week.
- Older children will be assigned their own ukulele.
- Activities will include drumming, drama, Orff, movement, signing, hymn studies, Bible stories.
- Instruments will be sanitized before another group uses them.
- If a child feels unwell during choir, they will be removed from the activity setting until their parent can arrive.
- Children will be escorted to their vehicles upon dismissal. Parents/drivers should not come into the building.
- If a parent needs to pick up their child early, arrangements can be made.
- Adequate leadership and volunteers must be secured for this plan.
- Specific design will occur following registration.